Monday, March 19, 2007

Crossover Diaper Bag Tutorial

I have had requests for the tutorial of the bag I finished over the weekend. Click here: Crossover Diaper Bag Tutorial and you should find it I hope! It is a PDF document, so you will need Adobe Acrobat to open it. It is very image heavy, so give it some time to download. I think (hope!) it makes sense. I tried not to leave out even the littlest of steps.

This is a larger picture of the pattern than the PDF shows. It's still hard to see what I wrote, though. If you right click and save it to your computer, you can zoom in some with a photo imaging program. It's all in the tutorial, I just thought it might helpful for those of us that are visual learners to see a picture!


This is a good stash reduction project as it uses nearly 4 yards of fabric. For the one I made, I used 2 yards of 1 fabric and 1 yard of 2 fabrics. One of the best things about making bags is that they don't have to "fit" per se. If your fabric is a little shorter or narrow, make the bag a little shorter or narrower or not as deep.

Enjoy using the directions for your own personal use and charity purposes, but please do not sell the bags you make.

Enjoy!